- Lost Habitat aims to reconnect people and communities with wildlife and the natural environment showing and encouraging others to experience the wonderful positive effects of water and nature.
- Work actively to restore biodiversity and ecosystem services, protecting and conserving freshwater aquatic habitats.
- To improve biodiversity and ecosystem function using effective and efficient methods, working with nature, not against it.
- Combat against ecosystem stressors such as; future threats of climate change, pollution, flooding, and invasive non-native aquatic species.
- To transform degraded wetland habitats to support ecologically diverse communities.